SummaryB3 alumni have been travelling far and wide, gaining commissions, screenings and awards...
B3 alumni have been achieving some amazing things over the past few months. Here are some of their updates...
* Blank Slate writer/directors Mustapha Kseibati and Fyzal Boulifa have had their talents recognised in the Screen International Stars of Tomorrow 2012 list. Big congratulations to them both! Fyzal made AFTERNOON, WHORE and BURN MY BODY with us, while Mustapha made BIG TINGZ, SKATEBOARDS AND SPANDEX and PAINKILLER.
* Fyzal also receives enormous congratulations for winning the Illy prize for Best Short Film at Cannes Director's Fortnight 2012, for his short film THE CURSE.
* BURN MY BODY and SKATEBOARDS AND SPANDEX have both premiered online on The Space - Arts Council England's online showcase of its best recent work. Find them here.
* Two B3 / BBC Writersroom shorts, PAINKILLER (Wr. Selina Lim, Dir. Mustapha Kseibati) and 3 MILE RADIUS (Wr./Dir. Lab Ky Mo, Prod. Stephen Cheers) played in the main Short Film competition category at Rushes Soho Shorts Film Festival 2012.
* Big congratulations to TalentLab alumnus, writer/director Jessica Ashman, for winning a place at the Royal College of Art, starting this Autumn.
* B3 Tate:Remixed director and slam poet Polarbear co-wrote the Olivier award-winning DESH, a dance solo show from celebrated choreographer and performer Akram Khan. It returns to Sadler's Wells Theatre this October. Find out more here.
* FeatureLab alumnus Ursula Rani Sarma has premiered her new play, The Ripple Effect, commissioned by the Cultural Olympiad. Read more here.